Barcelona and Atletico Madrid draw 4-4 in the first leg of their Copa del Rey semifinal.

Barcelona and Atletico Madrid both rallied from two goals down in a frantic 4-4 draw in the first leg of the Copa del Rey semifinal at Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys in Catalonia, Spain.

Atletico scored twice in the first six minutes before conceding four unanswered goals and coming back to even the match with goals in the final 10 minutes, including the equaliser by substitute Alexander Sorloth three minutes into stoppage time on Tuesday.

আরও পড়ুনঃ  Thousands mark Statehood Day of Serbia with anticorruption protest | Protests News

Barcelona saw Atletico jump to an early lead, with goals by Julian Alvarez in the first minute and Antoine Griezmann in the sixth, but the hosts tied the game by the 21st minute thanks to goals two minutes apart by Pedri and Pau Cubarsi.

The Catalan club took a 3-2 lead into halftime after Iñigo Martínez scored in the 41st. Robert Lewandowski increased the lead in the 74th.

আরও পড়ুনঃ  US man who shot Israeli visitors thought they were Palestinians, police say | Crime News
Soccer Football - Copa del Rey - Semi Final - First Leg - FC Barcelona v Atletico Madrid - Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys, Barcelona, Spain - February 25, 2025 Atletico Madrid's Julian Alvarez scores their first goal REUTERS/Albert Gea
Atletico Madrid’s Julian Alvarez opened the scoring on the night [Albert Gea/Reuters]

Atletico pulled closer with Marcos Llorente in the 84th and Sorloth got the equaliser from close range.

The second leg will be at Atletico’s Metropolitano Stadium in April.

The winner will play either Real Madrid or Real Sociedad, which will play their first-leg match on Wednesday in Basque Country.

Barcelona last won the competition in 2021, and Atletico in 2013.

Atletico had beaten Barcelona 2-1 in the Spanish league when the teams last met in December.

আরও পড়ুনঃ  Syrian forces deployed in Jaramana to end unrest | Syria's War News

Until the semifinal stage, the Copa’s knockout rounds were played in single-elimination games.

Barcelona's Robert Lewandowski scores during a Spanish Copa del Rey, or King's Cup, the semi-final soccer match between Barcelona and Atletico Madrid in Barcelona, Spain, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2025. AP Photo/Joan Monfort)
Barcelona’s Robert Lewandowski looked to have sealed the match with his side’s fourth goal [Joan Monfort/AP]

Source link

Facebook Comments Box

Trump orders increased minerals production, says Ukraine deal coming soon | Russia-Ukraine war News

Date:

Share post:

US president invokes wartime powers to boost production of rare earths and other critical minerals.

United States President Donald Trump has said his administration will sign a rare earths deal with Ukraine “very shortly,” after invoking wartime powers to boost domestic production of critical minerals.

In an address at the White House on Thursday, Trump said his administration was forging agreements in “various locations” to gain access to rare earth minerals, which are used in the manufacturing of electronics, batteries and magnets, among other items.

“One of the things we are doing is signing a deal very shortly with respect to rare earths with Ukraine … They have tremendous value in rare earths, and we appreciate that,” Trump said.

আরও পড়ুনঃ  Al-Shabab gunmen lay siege to Somali hotel | Conflict News

Trump made the remarks shortly after signing an executive order directing federal agencies to identify mines and government-owned land that could be exploited to boost the production of critical minerals.

The order invokes powers contained in the Defense Production Act, a Korean War-era law that grants Washington sweeping authority to mobilise industrial resources in the service of national security.

The US and Ukraine had been due to sign a deal granting Washington access to Kyiv’s natural resources until a public bust-up between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy last month derailed the plan.

আরও পড়ুনঃ  Syrian forces deployed in Jaramana to end unrest | Syria's War News

Zelenskyy said earlier this month that his government was “ready to sign” a rare earths deal despite the tense exchange with Trump at the White House, but he wanted the “Ukrainian position to be heard.”

Trump has pushed Kyiv to grant Washington access to its natural resources as part of his administration’s efforts to bring a swift end to the war in Ukraine.

Zelenskyy on Wednesday said Kyiv had agreed to a US proposal to pause attacks on energy infrastructure, a day after Russian President Vladimir Putin accepted the plan.

আরও পড়ুনঃ  Stories of children killed in Israel’s attacks in Gaza

In his remarks at the White House on Thursday, Trump said his administration’s efforts to reach a peace deal were going “pretty well”.

“So hopefully we can save thousands of people a week from dying. That’s what it is all about,” he said.

“They’re dying so unnecessarily.

Source link

Facebook Comments Box

Related articles

Pentagon confirms four-star general’s firing amid Trump security purge | Donald Trump News

The United States Department of Defense has confirmed it fired the head of the National Security Agency, in...

Global markets swoon as Trump heads to the golf course | Donald Trump News

Two days after sending the economy reeling by announcing widespread tariffs, United States President Donald Trump headed to...

What are the implications of the US-China tariffs war? | TV Shows

Beijing hits back with its own set of tariffs on all US goods after Trump’s latest levies.China has...

Judge rules Trump must return to US man wrongly deported to El Salvador | Donald Trump News

A federal judge has ordered the administration of President Donald Trump to return a man to the United...