Barcelona and Atletico Madrid draw 4-4 in the first leg of their Copa del Rey semifinal.

Barcelona and Atletico Madrid both rallied from two goals down in a frantic 4-4 draw in the first leg of the Copa del Rey semifinal at Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys in Catalonia, Spain.

Atletico scored twice in the first six minutes before conceding four unanswered goals and coming back to even the match with goals in the final 10 minutes, including the equaliser by substitute Alexander Sorloth three minutes into stoppage time on Tuesday.

আরও পড়ুনঃ  How Trump took an Israeli idea and presented it as his own | Opinions

Barcelona saw Atletico jump to an early lead, with goals by Julian Alvarez in the first minute and Antoine Griezmann in the sixth, but the hosts tied the game by the 21st minute thanks to goals two minutes apart by Pedri and Pau Cubarsi.

The Catalan club took a 3-2 lead into halftime after Iñigo Martínez scored in the 41st. Robert Lewandowski increased the lead in the 74th.

আরও পড়ুনঃ  Six personnel killed in attack on Somali border: Kenyan police | Conflict News
Soccer Football - Copa del Rey - Semi Final - First Leg - FC Barcelona v Atletico Madrid - Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys, Barcelona, Spain - February 25, 2025 Atletico Madrid's Julian Alvarez scores their first goal REUTERS/Albert Gea
Atletico Madrid’s Julian Alvarez opened the scoring on the night [Albert Gea/Reuters]

Atletico pulled closer with Marcos Llorente in the 84th and Sorloth got the equaliser from close range.

The second leg will be at Atletico’s Metropolitano Stadium in April.

The winner will play either Real Madrid or Real Sociedad, which will play their first-leg match on Wednesday in Basque Country.

Barcelona last won the competition in 2021, and Atletico in 2013.

Atletico had beaten Barcelona 2-1 in the Spanish league when the teams last met in December.

আরও পড়ুনঃ  Rubiales ‘totally sure’ Hermoso consented to kiss at World Cup, trial hears | Football News

Until the semifinal stage, the Copa’s knockout rounds were played in single-elimination games.

Barcelona's Robert Lewandowski scores during a Spanish Copa del Rey, or King's Cup, the semi-final soccer match between Barcelona and Atletico Madrid in Barcelona, Spain, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2025. AP Photo/Joan Monfort)
Barcelona’s Robert Lewandowski looked to have sealed the match with his side’s fourth goal [Joan Monfort/AP]

Source link

Facebook Comments Box

Gas pipeline leak sparks Malaysian inferno | Oil and Gas News

Date:

Share post:

Leak in pipeline belonging to state-run Petronas sends fire spreading to villages during Eid public holiday.

A leaking gas pipeline has sparked a huge fire on the outskirts of Malaysia’s capital Kuala Lumpur, injuring more than 100 people.

The inferno, visible for kilometres around, erupted following an explosion and fireball at 8:10am (00:10GMT) on Tuesday in the suburb of Putra Heights, central Selangor state.

Caused by a leak on a gas pipeline belonging to state-run energy firm Petronas, the blaze quickly threatened nearby villages during a public holiday for the Muslim Eid celebration, Selangor’s chief minister said, according to state news agency Bernama.

আরও পড়ুনঃ  Bosnian Serb President Dodik sentenced to prison for defying peace envoy | Prison

At least 49 houses have been damaged and 112 people injured, with 63 sent to the hospital for burns, breathing difficulties and other injuries, Selangor Deputy Police Chief Mohamad Zaini Abu Hassan said. No deaths have been reported.

The state’s disaster management unit said in a statement that efforts to rescue trapped residents were ongoing, with several people being treated for burns.

Selangor’s chief minister said 82 people had been rescued so far, adding that residents would be temporarily placed in a nearby mosque until the situation is under control.

আরও পড়ুনঃ  Japan, S Korea, China meet to strengthen ties at ‘turning point in history’ | Politics News

Pictures and videos of the fireball went viral on social media, with some residents saying they felt a strong tremor that shook the doors and windows of their homes.

“All of a sudden, we heard a loud bang and then total chaos,” said a resident living 200 metres (650ft) from the site of the fire, according to Malaysia’s Star newspaper. “We immediately left the house and soon saw other residents leaving too.”

আরও পড়ুনঃ  Oscar Piastri signs new F1 contract with McLaren | Motorsports News

Petronas said in a brief statement that the pipeline had been isolated.

Disaster management officials said shutting the valves will eventually snuff out the fire.

Three gas stations near the site were not affected but have been temporarily closed as a precautionary measure, Petronas said, adding that investigations were under way.

Source link

Facebook Comments Box

Related articles

Downtown Seoul tense as court due to rule on President Yoon’s impeachment | Politics News

Seoul, South Korea – The catchphrase “8-0” was blasted on loudspeakers and seen on placards in Seoul’s historic...

Six people dead after alleged dynamite attack in Bolivia gold-mining clash | Mining News

The dynamite attack is thought to be the result of two mining collectives fighting over access to gold...

Trump says he thinks Iran wants direct talks with US | Donald Trump News

US president says Iran initially wanted talks through intermediaries, but he thinks Tehran has changed its position.Washington, DC...

At least 16 killed as two refugee boats sink off Turkiye and Greece | Migration News

Greek and Turkish coastguards still searching for two missing people from the two unrelated accidents.Two boats carrying refugees sank in...